- the edX website and individual courses may be integrated with third-party services or contain links to websites published by third parties (including other content providers as well as service providers); and
- edX partners with several third parties to help us run the edX website and to track and understand learner activity on the site and how learners interact with our social media.
- Google Analytics page about tracking and how to opt-out
- Optimizely page about tracking and how to opt-out
Social and marketing support
- Google AdWords page about tracking and advertising
- Facebook page about tracking and help center page for managing targeted advertising
Payment processor support
ID verification and remote proctoring support
Many third parties rely on industry opt-outs to maintain their subscriber list, for example:
- Digital Advertising Alliance instructions for opting-out of certain targeted advertising
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance instructions for opting-out of certain targeted advertising if you are in the EU
Note: edX is not responsible for the effectiveness of the above-listed opt-out options.