Open response assessments can have several possible steps, which appear in the order that you must complete them. You won't be able to proceed to the next step until you've completed the current step.
After you submit your response, the required steps may be any combination of a training step, a self assessment step, a peer assessment step, or a staff grade step.
You can read more details about each step:
- Your Response: This is usually the first step in an ORA where you submit your response to the prompt.
- Learn to Assess Responses: This is a training step where you'll practice grading some responses. The goal is to learn how to assess responses similar to the way that course staff would assess them, using the same rubric.
- Assess Peers: You grade responses that other learners in the course have submitted, and other learners in the course grade your responses.
- Assess Your Response: In this step, you assess your own response, according to a provided rubric.
- Staff Grade: Members of the course team assess your response. If you receive a staff grade for your assignment, it always overrides any peer assessment grades that you receive.
Note: Course staff can grade your ORA if you're waiting on peer assessments. To request that staff manually grade your ORA, you should reach out to course staff through the course discussion forum.