We invite you to answer a survey on improvements we may make to open response assessment grading in future.
An open response assessment (ORA for short) is an assessment type that allows you to submit:
- written essays
- file attachments such as a PDF or image (read more: Submit a file with an ORA response)
- links to work outside of edX.org (such as a lab notebook)
When you submit a response to an ORA, your submission may be reviewed and graded by:
- yourself! This is called the self grading step.
- your peers in the course. This is called the peer grading step. You will be required to review your peers' submissions, and you might have to wait a while for a grade from your peers.
- your instructors. This is called the staff grade step. You might have to wait a while for a grade from course staff.