If you are unable to login or see an "email or password incorrect" message, make sure that the email address you entered is the one that you registered for your edX account.
If you continue to see this message, you can select Need help signing in? below the password field, then select Forgot my password and enter the email address you used to sign up with edX to receive a password reset email. You'll receive a password reset email from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Common Login Problems
If you entered your email address under Password assistance on the 'Need Help Logging in?' form but have not received an email message with a link to reset your password, check for these common problems:
- Did you enter the same email address that you used to register your edX account? Reset messages are sent only to registered email addresses.
- Is your email address entered correctly? Check for errors and try again.
- Did you check your spam message folders? Check your spam folder for a message from
- firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- If the message is not there, try adding firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- to your contacts or your approved senders list, or contact your and then reset your password again
- Did you delete your account? It will not be possible to regain access to a deleted account.
- Did you complete the account registration process for edx.org? To check, try registering again with the same email address. If the account does exist, a message will indicate that you entered a duplicate email address.
Other Error Messages
If you see a different error when trying to sign in, check for these common problems:
- Make sure that you are using a current version of Firefox or Chrome.
- Try clearing your browser’s cache.
If you continue to have difficulty you may reach edX support by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.