If you entered your email under password assistance but have not received an email message with a link to reset your password, check for these common problems:
- Did you enter the same email address that you used to register your edX account? Reset messages are sent only to registered email addresses.
- If you are trying to login (after receiving a license activation email), be aware that creating or having an edX account with matching email address is necessary. You can change your email on your edX account if needed.
- Did you check your spam message folders? Check your spam folder for a message from firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the message is not there, try adding email@example.com to your contacts or your approved senders list, and then reset your password again.
- Did you previously delete your account connected to this email? Deleted accounts cannot be accessed and you will not receive the reset message.
- Did you complete the account registration process for edx.org? To check, try registering again with the same email address. If the account does exist (or was previously deleted), a message will appear "This email is already associated with an existing or previous edX account"
If you still have difficulty, please contact edX support at firstname.lastname@example.org.