Most Proctortrack exams require a room scan. During the ‘Room Scan’ step of your exam, you will be asked to take a video scan of the room in which you are taking the proctored exam. Please make sure to show your entire desk area.
1) Click the ‘Scan’ button to begin the room scan:
2) After clicking 'Scan' you will see a timer in the center of that bottom of the page, as well as a 'scanning' box on the right that signifies that you are currently performing the room scan. Please note that the room scan video has a time limit of 4 minutes. If you make multiple room scan attempts they will all be counted towards the total time limit. After 4 cumulative minutes, your room scan will be automatically submitted. Complete this scan by panning the webcam or laptop around your desk. Be sure to move the webcam or laptop slowly to clearly capture the entirety of your desk area.
3) After completing your room scan, please click the blue 'Stop' button on the bottom left:
4) You will now see the recording of your room scan. Please click 'Yes' to confirm that you are satisfied with your room scan:
5) You are now ready to take the exam. You will be automatically directed to the 'Set Up and start your proctored exam' page. You will see a box in the bottom right corner signifying that you are being recorded. Please click 'Start Exam':
You will now see a page reminding you of proctoring rules and tips. Please click 'Start My Exam' to proceed to your proctored exam:
You can review three different room scan techniques here.