Most edX courses currently use PSI-Software Secure proctoring. Find instructions for using PSI proctoring on Mac Catalina here: PSI Proctoring on Mac Catalina
If your course uses Proctortrack proctoring from Verificient and you do not already have Proctortrack downloaded on your device, you will need to take extra steps to launch the software and begin proctoring on Catalina.
When downloading the software for the first time, the following dialog box will pop up:
Click the "OK" button and the application will close.
Next, please follow one of the solutions below to properly set up the software.
1) Go to your 'Downloads' folder, locate the Proctortrack application.
2) Make sure you have dragged the Proctortrack to 'Applications' to complete the installation. Next, right-click on the Proctortrack app and click 'Open' or 'Open Anyway':
1) Go to 'System Preferences' and then open 'Security and Privacy'.
2) Click on the 'General' tab.
3) Next, click on "Open Anyway".
After completing either Solution 1 or 2, please make sure that the below settings are enabled in order for Proctortrack to monitor and record your exam session.
1) Go to your 'System Preferences' --> 'Security and Privacy' -> 'Privacy tab' --> Select the 'Proctortrack' check box for following options:
1. Screen Recording
4. Full Disk Access
6. Input Monitoring
You can find these steps in Verificient's Proctor Track support FAQ here.
For further help with Proctortrack you may reach out to email@example.com