For account security, your edX account is temporarily locked if someone enters the wrong password several times. You'll encounter a message 'To protect your account, it's been temporarily locked. Try again in 30 minutes.'
To regain access after a lockout:
1. Wait 1 hour
2. Reset your password using the Forgot password link.
3. Enter your registered email address. An email will then be sent with a link to create a new password.
4. Click the password reset link in the password reset message and type, confirm, and submit the new password.
If you are repeatedly locked out, we recommend:
- Double check that you have submitted the password change
- Clear your browser of any saved passwords, or use an incognito browser, before trying again
If you continue to have difficulty you may reach edX support by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.