For account security, your edX account is temporarily locked if someone enters the wrong password several times.
To regain access after a lockout:
1. Wait 1 hour
2. Reset your password using the "Need help Logging in?" link below the password field.
3. Enter your registered email address. An email will then be sent with a link to create a new password.
4. Click the password reset link in the password reset message and type, confirm, and submit the new password.
If you are repeatedly locked out, we recommend:
- Double check that you have submitted the password change
- Clear your browser of any saved passwords, or use an incognito browser, before trying again