On the Discussions page of your course, you can browse and contribute to course discussions.
A "How to use edX discussions" graphic displays in the main area of the Discussions page when you have not selected any topics or posts. The graphic shows the basic actions you can take with course discussions. Select the "Receive updates" option in the graphic to receive a daily email digest of new activity from your course's discussions.
On the left side of the Discussions page, the navigation pane displays all of the topics and posts in the course discussions, including inline (content-specific) discussions that are inside course units.
- Posts that appear in blue type with a blue bar indicate posts that you have not read.
- Posts that appear in gray type without a bar indicate posts that you have read.
- The post type icon indicates whether a post is a question or a discussion. For more information, see Adding posts to a discussion.
- The check mark icon indicates a “correct answer”. The check mark icon indicates that one of the responses to the post correctly answers the question asked in the post.
- The response or comment count indicator shows the number of responses and comments for a post. The number of new responses or comments that were added after you previously read a post is displayed next to the indicator.
- A “Pinned” label shows that a post has been pinned by administrators so that it always stays at the top of the topic list regardless of sort order.
- A “Following” label marks posts that you are following.
- A “Staff” or “Community TA” label marks posts that were added by course staff or community teaching assistants (TAs).