To download videos in the edX app, you must be connected to the internet. After you download a video, you can watch it at any time.
- In your course, navigate to the video or to the section of the course that contains the video you want to download. You can find videos in the course outline under Course, or find all the videos in the course under Videos.
- Select the download icon for an individual video to download a single video, or the download icon for a subsection to download all the videos in that subsection.
In a subsection, the number to the right of a subsection name indicates the number of videos in that subsection.
When a video completes downloading the download icon changes to a check mark.
Change Your Download Settings
By default, the edX app is set so that it only downloads content, including videos, if you are on a Wi-Fi network. If you change this setting, you might exceed the data allowance for your cellular plan.
- From the main menu, select Account.
- Select Settings.
- Change the Wi-Fi only download setting.
Delete Downloaded Videos
You can delete downloaded videos one by one or, if you have downloaded all the videos in a course subsection, you can delete all of a subsection’s videos at once.
- In your course, navigate to the downloaded video or to the subsection containing the videos you want to delete.
You can only delete all the videos in a subsection if a checkmark icon appears for the subsection, indicating that you have downloaded all of the videos in that subsection.
- Long press a downloaded video or a subsection of downloaded videos.
The screen title changes to Delete Videos, and a trash can icon appears in the header bar.
- Select the trash can icon to delete the selected video or videos.