You may not receive the confirmation email for the following reasons:
1. There was a typo in the email address when you registered your edX account. (For example, maybe you typed firstname.lastname@example.org instead of email@example.com)
2. You did not successfully register on edX.org, or you registered on a different website.
3. The confirmation email is in your spam folder.
4. Your email provider has blocked automated messages.
What can be done to confirm your email:
- Check your spam or junk mail folder for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add email@example.com to your email contacts or approved senders list.
- From the edx.org log in page, click Forgot my password. Clicking the link in the password reset message will confirm your email. (You don't have to reset your password.)