Comparison: Verified vs Audit track
|What's included?||Verified Track||Audit Track|
|Graded Assessments and Exams||yes||no|
|Practice (Ungraded) Assessments||yes||yes|
Free audit track
- Start learning for free and upgrade later if the upgrade deadline hasn't passed
- Access course readings and video lectures
- Complete any ungraded, practice assignments if the course features any
- Participate in the the course discussion forums
- View progress of any ungraded practice assignments
- Expires after the estimated course length has passed
As a free audit learner, you will have temporary access to course materials except graded assignments, and you will not earn a certificate the end of the course. You will be able to access the free content for the estimated course length posted on the course introduction page in the catalog.
The audit access counts from the date and time that you first enrolled in the course, or if you enrolled before the course started, it counts from the date and time that the course opened.
Once the audit access duration has passed, you'll lose access to the course and you will no longer be able to click View Course on your dashboard. If the upgrade deadline has not passed, you can extend access by upgrading to the verified track.
Paid verified track
- Qualify to receive a verified certificate if you earn a passing score before the course ends
- Access graded assignments and exams
- View the course materials even after the course is archived
- Includes readings, videos, discussions, practice problems and progress just like the free audit track
- Easily share your certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
- Support our mission of affordable education to everyone globally