If you're trying to log into edX.org but you encounter a message, "We couldn't sign you in. Too many failed login attempts. Try again later," this may be due to a cookie issue.
If you're using the Firefox browser, you can take these steps to address the issue:
- Try logging in using a different browser such as Chrome. You can review all browsers we support here.
- (Advanced) Adjust your Firefox cookie preferences.
- Open the Configuration Editor in Firefox.
- Select Show All.
- Type network.cookie.cookieBehavior in the search.
- Modify your preference for network.cookie.cookieBehavior to 0 or 5. (Setting to 0 accepts all cookies. Setting to 5 rejects (known) trackers and partitions third-party storage.)