What is coaching?
Learn more about the value of coaching directly from one of our coaches, Erin.
Your coach is here to guide you with your academic and career goals. Through focused discussions, tailored to your goals and priorities, coaching can add that extra layer of clarity, detail, and accountability, to support your success and completion.
You will have direct access to your Coach, via email, text, and in-app messaging, to explore topics important to you: Some examples:
- Resume and cover letter strategies
- Exploring a career change and best practices
- Preparing for interviews
- LinkedIn strategies
- Online (Self-directed) learning approaches: time management, organization, and prioritizing
- Leveraging your resources and problem solving skills
- Active learning: note-taking, reading, and content absorption strategies
- Staying motivated & connected to your goals
- Creating a coursework calendar: Getting detailed
- Learning new strategies to accommodate your learning style
How will I interact with my coach?
Our coaches will work with you through one- on- one text messaging, one-on-one email communications, and via the uCoach mobile app messenger.
Your coach will initiate the first conversation via email and explain what to anticipate.
Who is eligible for coaching?
Learners enrolled in the verified track (paid track) in any of our MicroBachelors courses are eligible for coaching at no additional cost.
How do I sign up for coaching?
- Login to your edX account and go to your dashboard. Here you will see on the right side of the screen a heading that reads “Take advantage of free coaching”
- Click the “Get Started” button
3. On the next page, fill out your information and click the “sign up for coaching” button
4. You are now signed up for coaching! Keep an eye out for your first “Welcome email” from your coach
How do I know if I’m signed up for coaching?
Go to your Account Settings under Profile Information you will see a coaching consent toggle switch, as-well-as a field to enter or remove your phone number.
Please note that coaching is only available via SMS to U.S. phone lines.