If your machine is running on MacOS Catalina 10.15 and above, you will see the following message pop up after downloading the proctoring software for the first time:
Please click 'OK' to close the message, and then follow the below steps to allow Proctortrack on your device.
- Go to your 'Downloads' folder and locate the Proctortrack application.
- Make sure you have dragged the Proctortrack to/Applications to complete the installation. Then right-click on the Proctortrack app and click 'Open'.
- Go to your 'Downloads' folder, locate the Proctortrack application.
- Right click on the Proctortrack app and select 'Open'. This will show you the same dialogue box, but with an option to 'Open the file anyway'. Please click on this option.
You can also follow the below steps to run the Proctortrack app on Mac Catalina OS if you get an error "malicious software" error after launching it.
- Go to System Preferences and then open Security and Privacy, then click on the 'General' tab.
- Then click on "Open Anyway".
In order for Proctortrack monitor and record your test session without any issues, please make sure that the below settings are enabled.
Go to System Preference --> Security and Privacy -> Privacy tab --> Select the Proctortrack check box for following options:
1. Screen Recording
4. Full Disk Access
6. Input Monitoring(Not mandatory)