When you are working in a course, green check marks that show your progress are visible in two places.
- The course outline on the Course page.
- The navigation bar at the top of each page in the course.
These check marks appear when you complete all of the content in a part of the course.
The green progress check marks are a visual aid and do not have any bearing on your course completion status or certificate eligibility. You can see your grading and progress towards the passing score in your course on the progress tab.
To receive a checkmark content, you must complete all of the following actions.
- View all of each video in the unit.
- Submit answers for all of the problems in the unit.
- View all HTML content in the unit for at least five seconds.
For example, in the following image, the learner has completed all of the content in the “Introduction” part of the course. The learner has also completed some of the content in the “Module 1: Experiencing Course Content” part.
In the following image, the learner has completed the first three units in the “Lesson 1: edX Content Basics” lesson.
(For some advanced assignment types a check mark may not appear. This does not impact your course grading.)