When you access a proctored exam in the course, a page opens that provides you with a link to download and install the online proctoring software.
Note: Check the Proctoring Software System Requirements to ensure that your set up will work.
To install and set up proctoring software
- On the proctoring software page, locate and copy your unique exam code.
- Select Start System Check to download the online proctoring software.
Note: Even if you have previously installed this software, you must install it again to make sure you have the latest version.
- When the download is complete, open the installer and complete installation to your machine. After installation completes, the PSI Secure Browser will launch. Do not close this window.
- You will be prompted to confirm that your microphone is working. Speak into the mic and click Ok.
- In the proctoring Secure Browser window, paste the code into the Exam Code field, and then select Validate. If your exam code is valid, the name and duration of your exam appear.
Note: If you do not agree to the terms, select I don’t agree. You can then quit the online proctoring software and return to the edX course. However, you cannot receive credit for the course.
- On the Pre-Exam Advisory Information page, read the advisory information, and then select Next.
- A software check runs to determine if any prohibited programs are running on your computer. If any prohibited programs are running, you can select Terminate All These Applications or close the apps individually. Then select Next.
- Setup is complete and you will be directed to the identity verification steps.
If you encounter any issues in the Secure Browser, select Contact Support in the upper right-hand corner of the Secure Browser to contact technical support.
Next Step: Take a picture of your photo ID.