Most courses that offer verified certificates award Financial Assistance for learners who cannot afford the verified certificate fee. If a course is not eligible it may not appear as an option on the form after you have enrolled.
Most Programs offer Financial Assistance
You can read more on how to apply for a program: How do I apply for Financial Assistance in a program?
Ineligible Courses and Programs
It's not possible to apply for assistance through the edX Financial Assistance application for:
- Professional Education courses
- Executive Education
- Boot Camps
- any course unavailable in the free audit track
- any courses or programs from our partner DoaneX
- select MicroMasters™ program courses (most are eligible)
- The GTx MicroMasters in Analytics: Essential Tools and Methods
- The MITx MicroMasters in Finance. This program does not participate with edX Financial Assistance but offers their own separate financial assistance program.
- The final capstone course of the CurtinX MicroMasters in Internet of Things (IoT), IOT6x: IoT Capstone Project does not qualify but the first five courses of the program do qualify.