You can use either the mouse or keyboard shortcuts to create, access, and delete notes. For more information about using keyboard shortcuts, see Keyboard Shortcuts for Notes.
To highlight a passage or add a note that includes text and tags
- Select the text that you want to highlight or make the note about. You can select as much text as you want.
- When a pencil “edit” icon appears above the selected text, select the icon to open the note editor.
- When the note editor opens, enter your note and any tags that you want to add. You can also save the highlight for the passage without entering a note or tag.
- To highlight a passage without adding a note or tag, select Save or press Enter. When you move your cursor over the highlighted text, the note field contains the words “no comment”.
- To enter a note, select Comments, and then type the text of your note. Your note can contain as many words as you want.
- To add one or more tags, select Add some tags here, and then type any tags that you want to add.
- Tags cannot contain spaces. If you want to add a tag that has more than one word, type multiple words as one word with no spaces, or use hyphens (-) or underscores (_) to separate words in the tag.
- After you finish writing your note and adding tags, select Save or press Enter. The note editor closes, and the text that you selected remains highlighted.